Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Projects

Since last Thursday...I've gotten a few projects started. None quite complete cause that's how I roll....I thought I had a picture of my sawhorses and picnic table, but I can't find them right now so you're just going to have to believe that I really did make them! :) 


This last week Ash spent some time at her 2 of her friends' houses and they played lots and lots of "school", her birthday is on Sunday and she decided she really wants and easel (like her friend's) for when she plays school at home. Like I said I still haven't completed it I still have to sand and paint, but it only took me about 2.5 hours to get this far. I'm overall happy with the project....I had to modify it from the two sets of plans that I had available, but I think it turned out pretty good. I have a little under $10.00 (including wood and hardware) into the easel not counting the dry erase board which I had already it just had a broken frame, and I have left over paint from her bedroom that I'll paint it with.


I also made this little table for Jake/Jocee mostly because I wanted a practice piece. Which from the looks it is definitely that. I still need to paint a little more and then I think I'm going to distress it, in hopes of it looking a little better and to beat Jake to the punch! The table I think was around $11.00, which would be a deal except it didn't turn out quite as well as I had hoped. I also had left over paint that I used. I may actually just sand the whole thing down again and start over with my finish but we'll see.

I also need to get a better (electric) sander, cause the more projects that are built the more sanding needs to be done...and I'm turning into a wimp:)

All these plans came from or were adapted or taken directly from http://ana-white.com/ she is AMAZING go check her out and you'll be building too:) You know you want to!!

4 comments:

une autre mère said...

Great job!! I just discovered that website and have been tempting myself with trying some of those projects. But I've never used any of those tools, so it frightens me! I've just always left it all to Chad to do the handy stuff. But I'd love to make something on my own! That easel is really cool!!

peter marie said...

Awesome!!

Julie said...

Do it, Do it...It is sorta intimidating at first, I had only used a drill (a lot) and a circular saw (once or twice) before, but I started on "free" projects where I either repurposed the wood or used scraps.
I would just make Chad give you a short tutorial on his (your) tools. For me it is really fun and I've taught myself A-LOT. And it helps that you can pretty much watch a youtube video for anything you need! The Ana White has so many awesome ideas too. I'm pretty much addicted :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

WOW! Those are impressive projects! Now...how about you make tables/Abby does some "sticks-like" art work on them and you two open a shop. Then I can just come shopping...what I do best! :)