Tonight at 6 was Andy's job bid. There were 40 routes and he was number 41 to pick. So we were thinking he had a decent chance. (there had been lots of rumors that someone was stepping down) Then I got a text this morning saying there had been some changes and he was bumped to 43. : (
I've been praying for weeks that regardless of what happened we would have peace and realize that God is in control and will provide. I prayed all.day.long. It felt like every moment I was praying.
Andy's work called at 3:30ish and told him they were running ahead so he left around 5:00. At 6:15 he sent a text saying he wasn't getting a route but he had to hang around because now they were running behind and they wanted to give him a pep talk, after the last guy picked his route. I think then my prayer turned to I thinking I'm trusting in you Lord but please help me in fully trusting you and encouraging Andy in that too.
Instead of still believing that God could still provide in the original way we had hoped. 40 min later he called and said he was on his way and he had gotten a ROUTE!! "WHAT?!!?!?" One guy is probably going to quit because he couldn't get the days off that he wanted, so he passed and another person stepped down. Then the last guy that was before Andy passed the route up because he didn't want Wednesday and Sunday as his days off. Yay!!!! I don't know that Andy is for sure going to be coming to church but at least (in my mind) it is way more likely since those will be his days off!
He starts his new route April 17th and it will be in the metro area so not a lot of extra commuting/driving! Which means far less worrying for me during bad weather! Thank you God!!!!! Literally :)
And on an extra side-note...I think the boys bed set is sold! They are supposed to come on Friday! :) Which means their room remodel is funded + some and I.CAN'T.WAIT!!!!
3 comments:
Awesome! I'm so excited for you and Andy and the way God provided! Sweet!
That is MORE than exciting!!! Nothing like praying / waiting / expecting / holding back disappointment / then...BOOM! God is amazing how He provides! I'll have to add Fritos to my grocery list now to ensure some job security!
Yay! That is awesome! It's so cool to see God answer prays like that! I wish I could say I had been praying, but I didn't know about it until reading this. So I'm sorry I wasn't praying, but obviously you and others were!
Post a Comment