Friday, March 4, 2011


I'm anxiously awaiting the gal to come pick up the bed, that is now in my family room. She is supposed to be here by 4! I think I have the boys' room completely planned out and my supply list compiled. I can't wait to get started and am kicking myself for promising Andy that I wouldn't work on anything until I had actually sold their bed set. Stupid...I know! Who does stuff  like that? Wait until they have the extra money to actually pay for the project, before you start, or plans ahead exactly what you want to do.....Crazy I know! I guess there are people out there like that......:) What's even crazier......I'm becoming one.....sorta!

Here's what I've been up to while I've been waiting.
 It's not perfect and I'm trying to decide if I should paint part of the bench black to coordinate. But my children have already "moved in" so I have a little time to decide! I also need to tape the top off on the underside and paint the aprons but you know...minor details!
The first table I built just....bothered me. I learned through it, then took it apart and redid it. I'm much happier with this one, but even this isn't perfect. For once I'm kinda hoping the kids will distress it a little:) I'm definitely hooked on this woodworking business!
We went to the ReStore and got stain. Brand new for $2.00 a quart! The same stuff is $11.00 at the store! And I found a mini faucet for the next project...well after the beds, accessories, etc...........
And I'm almost finished priming/ painting the easel. I'm painting one color then another on top and distressing the edges to show through. Hopefully it turns out ok! Both the colors are from the girls wall.

Hopefully I have a busy weekend full of building in my future! I only have a short time before the girls start softball and Caleb has already started baseball practice. So I'm hoping I can get lots done before our weekends are full of running around crazy.

3 comments:

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Are your hands still brown? They were beautiful!
SO excited to see your big projects!

peter marie said...

Fantastic!! I love seeing your projects! You seem to have caught on INCREDIBLY fast, you smartie, you.

Jenn said...

That stuff looks great! How fun to be able to build your own stuff!