Friday, December 3, 2010

The newest member of my household!!!


I've waited and waited, hemmed and hawed over whether or not I should get one. I really wanted one, but on the flip side really didn't want to pay the price. Funny how that is often the case. I poured over the black friday ads and talked to everyone I knew that has one. Andy kept laughing at me as I check Craigslist five a couple times a day, to see if anything *new* had been added. Yes, I have no life:) He also told me I would "just know it" when the deal was right. Really?! I don't ever get that feeling. I'm usually having buyers remorse, even before I buy stuff. Which is good, mostly.

So last night I ended up skipping the Mom's night out. Andy came home late and we all just hung out and we pulled up CL. There it was the lift model kitchen aid!!!! They had posted it earlier in the day (yesterday I had a life and couldn't check every hour) and so of course I e-mailed right away. The guy met me this afternoon. Yeah I had to wait all.day.long.(Really dude you couldn't take the day off? I mean you were selling a mixer and all?!:) So today at 4:30 I met him, and became the new owner! Exciting stuff!

So far I've whipped up mashed potatoes, and cookies, and I'm definitely thinking about some homemade cinnamon rolls next. It's my early Christmas present, but really I'm okay with that. It cost considerably less than what Andy would have probably ended up spending. And it's just in time to get used for all my holiday baking.

3 comments:

peter marie said...

She is beautiful!! Congratulations!

une autre mère said...

Congrats! That's a great find on CL! Gotta love that place. And really, I'm appalled too that he kept you waiting all day for that. Some people!

Julie said...

Thanks