Friday, December 3, 2010

Lapse in judgement?

Ummm I always think things through...I never just buy something without thinking, just because they are so cool. Like so cool even an 11 year old who hates Goodwill and never, ever wants to go in EVER, was dragging me over to see them. Yeah two FOOF chairs. In my defense. It was the day before thanksgiving. The kids had no school. YAY! But all got up by 6:30. Yeah A.M. That is unheard of in our house, even on school days. We had run errands during the day, visited Santa, rode the train, petted live wolves and then Daddy called, to say he was home from work but was going to go to dinner with my brother who was home from Florida for a few days. I think my brain was already not working quite like it should have:) So Goodwill here we come. We literally had barely walked through the doors. (Caleb and Jocee had thrown a huge fit and were.not.going.in.THERE. I sweetly told them they were and off we went.) Next thing I know Caleb is literally pulling on my arm saying "can you please just come look, I found something that is soo cool!!!!" So I looked and here begins the lapse in judgement.
ME-"Wow buddy those are really cool."-Looking at huge beanbagish things.
C-"Ummm, so I can get one right?" "Well be really good the rest of the time!"
Ash-Joc-"If he gets one that isn't fair! Can we get the other one?!!?"
ME-looks at tag $5.99 "Sold they are yours!"
ME-"Caleb go get a couple carts and we will load them and take them to the front."

For the next 15 minutes we load and try to maneuver through the store with crazy, excited kids bouncing around trying to push carts, overflowing with foof.

The lady at the front tells me she just got them in and priced them, she knew they wouldn't last long:)With a big smile on her face. I think she was really laughing at my insanity.

For the next 20 minutes we are pushing, pulling, squeezing these two ginormous bags into the suburban. I wish I would have taken a picture:) And ummm, yes, my children had to ride home illegally. Multiple kids strapped in one seat.

We then proceeded to go back into Goodwill and continue shopping. Really?!?! Crazy lady you don't.have.room.for.kids.in.your.car, but you continue shopping? Ummmm, second lapse:) We did get Jake a really cute jersey though:) What can I say I love Goodwill!


*As a disclaimer I took these home vacuumed, lysoled, febreezed, and disinfected like crazy. Ummm yeah germs freak.me.out! Funny, I know since I have four kids. So I only paid $11.98 for them at Goodwill, but spent another $10ish. Cleaning them:)


2 comments:

une autre mère said...

Wow! You're a better mom than I am. But I'm sure you already knew that... ;) Have fun with your foof!

Julie said...

I'm not sure better mom is the term I'd use:) Crazier possibly!!!!