Or attempting to make that is! :-)
The Ledge!
I've been looking at this since it first came out......like months ago. Right around the time I built the boys' beds...yeah like marchish! I couldn't find any plans that where as close to the real deal as I wanted to I just decided I was going to pretend I was a master builder today! I was just going to jump off a cliff and try. My neighbor had brought me some "scraps" that he wasn't going to use and so I figured worst case I wasn't really out any money and its soooo long I could still salvage pieces from it. It looks pretty good. but I still need to add some trim and pieces and paint/stain. I'm hoping to have it ready to reveal tomorrow! It's going above our bed in lieu of the headboard/foot board I haven't made yet because I opted to pay bills :)
So since I couldn't make my own Farmhouse bed I decided to make one for my niece's birthday!
It's big enough to fit an American Girl doll, or a kitten, or and infant......see its a versatile piece:) and Bella doesn't have an AG doll but she does have a new kitty and will have a new baby soon!
And this is what I made for my other brand new niece! She was born on Father's Day! I was lame and hadn't built anything in time for her shower so I just gave a lame card promising a handmade gift by me! Thankfully my SIL is super gracious and understanding and still speaks to me even though It took me 6 weeks to get it done!
Sorry about the poor quality pictures... I keep forgetting to take a picture before we deliver these projects so I'm constantly snapping last minute pics on my cellphone.
Only one more week until school starts....where did summer go? :(




No comments:
Post a Comment