Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm in love....

With building! AND my husband, of course! I found out today that they filled the job share with one full timer (It would end up being cheaper that way). So I'm at square one again trying to figure out what to do. In the mean time I've been in the garage every day building away! I think I'm an addict :)(I just finished a kids size table for my newest niece as well as a slightly smaller version of the cubbie shelf I made for myself and my MIL, pictures to follow soon!) With being outside all.the.time comes seeing the neighbors all.the.time! Thankfully we have been blessed with AWESOME neighbors its like having an extra set of parents next door and grandparents across the street. They truly are incredible. They both have been checking the progress of my builds, sharing tools, giving advice and are totally encouraging me to start selling some of the items I've been making. I'm really excited, scared, unsure of the prospect. I will have 3hrs/4days a week (Jake made it into preschool) to do whatever I want i.e.build uninterrupted.....so I wouldn't be taking away from the family as much. I'm just not sure that my ability it sales worthy, and I'm a little nervous that once it became a j.o.b it would lose the fun aspect. I also have no idea where to start for a price point on things. Several things I have made are a pottery barn knock-off but that just gives me a super high-end price that doesn't transfer over. So I'll be working on that and wondering where SUMMER went. School starts in 2.5 weeks :( So I better enjoy every.last.bit before I have a pre-k, 1st, 4th and gasp......7th grader!

No comments: