Friday, February 18, 2011

Quattro formaggi

This is from Pioneer woman blog:)
My girls are huge pasta lovers, but they don't want anything on it. So I never want to make marinara sauce because once one doesn't want it nobody wants any. This was a hit. I only had the girls home tonight but they loved it. I planned to serve it with rib eye chops, but the boys are the meat lovers, so I just didn't even bother with them, so this was a super easy meal! I also just found a cheese combo mix at Aldi (It was $2.49 for 3 cups mixed) instead of shredding my own, Yes I'm a slacker:) The mix has Mozz, Provolone, Romano, Asiago, and Parmesan cheeses. It worked great and was way easy!

Ingredients


1 pound Angel Hair Pasta

½ cups Grated Fontina Cheese

½ cups Grated Parmesan Cheese

½ cups Grated Romano Cheese

½ cups Goat Cheese (chevre)

2 Tablespoons Butter, Softened

1 cup Heavy Cream

1 whole Garlic Clove, Peeled

½ teaspoons Salt, More To Taste

Freshly Ground Black Pepper

Minced Fresh Parsley

Preparation Instructions

Heat cream in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat.



Rub garlic clove all over the inside of a large serving bowl.



Cook pasta according to package directions in lightly salted water, leaning toward the al dente side. Do not overcook! Drain pasta, then return to the cooking pot. Pour in cream, add butter, and add cheeses and salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine, adding hot pasta water as needed for consistency. Don’t overmix; if there are little clumps of cheese here and there, it’s fine! Taste and add more salt if needed. Mixing stage should happen very quickly.



Turn pasta into large serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with a nice medium rare steak.



*Can use whatever four cheeses you’d like!

1 comment:

peter marie said...

I saw this recipe on her site and thought it looked amazing. Sounds so yummy!