My living room after the project was complete
Our other work station
The candy I may or may not have consumed while "testing" to see if the machine worked:)
No, Nope, Not me, why of course not. So when my sweet 6th grader came home and informed me he had a project for science that was due 6 weeks away we started on it right away.... Oh wait....Nope we didn't. Caleb came home and informed me that they got to choose what they were going to do for there project. Some kids were lame, he informed me, and just made a 3-D model of there invention. Some kids were really lame and just wrote out the plans. Not my son! Nope he volunteered to make a working model of a vending machine. What? Yeah it's no big deal mom, he said we have 6 weeks. Yep, ok buddy!
Well fast forward 5 weeks and 4 days to last Monday, at 7 pm. Ummm mom? We really, really need to get started on this project....it's due on Wednesday. (Mind you he has been asking me every other day over the past 6 weeks and I put him off because we've been busy...ish.) So Tuesday afternoon Jake and I went to Home Depot and bought the boxes to create this working vending machine. Caleb got home at three and started working. He worked until 5:30 then off to football practice. I picked him up at 7:15 and then we worked until 9:30 when we had to make a target run since I forgot a few things earlier. So I sent him to bed at 10:15 and finished the spray painting. Thankfully we finished in time and it worked. You just have to refill frequently:) But hey at least it works! We could have made it waay better had I not slacked and we had more time to work out the kinks. Hopefully he'll get a good grade and this mom has learned procrastinating is a horrible thing!




2 comments:
Very impressive!
I love procrastinating. I figure, why stress out about it the whole 6 weeks working on it when you can just do it the last possible day???
Amazing!!! Now I know who we can turn to for science projects! Phew, what a relief that you're my friend!
Post a Comment