Thursday, July 28, 2011

My knock off shelf

No new job news here...my application is "in process" not sure exactly what that means.....so I've been keeping myself busy building!

 I was going to have you guess which one I made but I think with that beautiful backdrop I have going on its a no-brainer......mine is the one on the right......just in case anybody missed that:)

Pottery Barn shelf = $99.00 + shipping.

Mine = FREE!

I used scraps and reclaimed of the side of the road wood and already had the paint/stain! I LOVE projects like this!

Number Cubby ShelfIts nice to know blogger thinks it knows what I'm thinking when arranging my pictures!

And the kids kitchen is completed (yes the one I promised Ash I would make at the beginning of summer!)...the stain is drying as we speak so I can put the hardware on in the morning and move it in the house! YAY!
Note to self for future projects.......don't let  a 9 yr old talk me into staining it red....unless I really enjoyed the 180,000,000,000,000,000 coats I put on. I know it looks great, but really :)
Also it would possibly go a tiny bit quicker if I didn't let anyone under the age 25 stain, just sayin'!
I'm thrilled with the finished product though and no one has any injuries! Trust me there could have been! Jake + air nailer =...........but I'm still living, he's still living....we're good!
 I will post pictures and details soon!  

And thanks to Ana White at knock-off wood for the awesome plans!

2 comments:

peter marie said...

I love that shelf!! Can't wait to see the kitchen all stained too. You're doing an awesome job!

Is an air nailer the same as a nail gun? Cuz if it is...we need to borrow it. :)

Julie said...

Thanks!

I think an air nailer is the same thing except an air nailer is powered by an air compressor vs. battery or electic. I can totally let you borrow it!