Just disregard the messy garage:)
I'm almost finished with the new desk/table (still need to distress the legs a little more) that is going to be used for the kids doing homework and using the computer. It was super easy! The hardest part was finding the turned legs. I have been searching CL and GW to find a cheap table that I could take the legs off of. Then saturday morning I ran to a garage sale with the kids and found a table that I offered $15 for and bought. Yay, happy dance:) The spindles and post you can buy new (to use as table legs) are really cool but start at around $5.00 for the really small and go to $30+ for the really cool ones. So I was thrilled to find 4 for $15.
At the same garage sale I got a king size bed skirt and 1.5 yards of decorator fabric for $1.00 total.
The girls and I had to make a trip to the fabric store this weekend so I scoped it out and they have the same print just different colors for $29.99/yd! I was even more thrilled then.
Table $15 + (3) boards $13 = $28 total (I already had the paint, stain and scrap for the aprons(sides)!)
I got these plans from Ana White and just modified them slightly to fit our space! :)

4 comments:
Ah...may...zing!!! I love that table--especially with the idea of using it for homework and computers! You're brilliant!
I can't wait to stop at some garage sales! If only I had a free Saturday sometime!
LOVE it!!!!! You gave me some inspiration to repaint out little buffet. I love distressed stuff! Great job and good deals!
Have I told you lately how amazing you are? Seriously. That is impressive! Lovin' it! And also lovin' your frugality. :)
Thanks! It was so easy and so much fun! I'm just super cheap : )
Post a Comment