Thursday, April 14, 2011

Matthew 15:8-9 "These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.”


Mark 7:8, “You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” (NIV)


It’s not about momentary motivation to make it through today.



It’s not about spiffy quotes to ponder and put into practice.



It’s not about relationship tactics and turnkey solutions.



It’s not about bite-size pieces of peace to make life a little more manageable.



It’s not about making our lives look and feel a little better.



It has to be about Jesus. And drawing our hearts into His reality. His grace. His love. His hope. His forgiveness. And most of all the free gift of salvation because of Him.
(Taken from Proverbs 31 woman ministries)
HMMMM, I know I'm not legalistic! So I'm not sure why GOD keeps hitting me with this message every.time I open a bible, or a book, go to a bible study, or church!

Okay just kidding! I know I need it, It just gets me, that HE can so clearly, tie things together....AMAZING HE is :)

1 comment:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

He definitely is amazing! Hope you had a great weekend!