Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slacker

I have really been slacking as far as blogging goes but I do have good reason! And it isn't just that I've lost my mind after getting a puppy:) That is probably a good part of it but I can't put all the blame on the pup. I hurt my back about 10 days ago and then Jocee and Jake got bronchitis and Ashleigh had strep. Good times! The Dr. gave me muscle relaxants and pain medicine and told me to stop running for a couple weeks and just rest a lot. Yeah, well I'm thinking of getting a new Dr.....Do you realize that I have four kids and a puppy, not to mention a husband, house, etc.!?! Well I took one day "off", Jonny saved my life and came over for a few hours in the morning so I could sleep and then mom watched the kids that afternoon/evening. Then the kids started getting sick. Jocee wasn't feeling good on Wed. Ashleigh came home Thursday, the third child from her class, with a fever of over 102.5. Then Jake started coughing. So I decided that me sleeping every day until my back was better probably wasn't very feasible:) So I took a little of the Dr's advice and cut back on my running, I haven't run approx. 40 miles over the last 10 days, and now I won't make my goal to run 100 miles in February:( But it was a short month anyway so I shouldn't have pick it anyway! I'm on track to get about 72 miles so that isn't all bad and I still have 8 full weeks of training before my 1/2 marathon. The kids are however all doing much better, the antibiotics are all taken and for the most part they are back to there normal energetic selves:) And we at least got to get out and enjoy the couple very nice days that we have had. So now no more complaining and next time I will be posting more pictures of the cutest kids and puppy!

1 comment:

Shannon/Jodi said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm so impressed with the running.