Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Moving...

Well not quite yet but Andy has been wanting to buy land out in the country. Just to be able to go hunting with Caleb and just be boys. I wasn't very hip on the idea. Who wants to live in the middle of nowhere? Well he mentioned an acreage he had seen on Craig's list, and it was only about 25 mins away. So one morning I loaded up Jocee and Jake and put a movie in the fabulous DVD player in the car and we headed off. I was completely convinced that I would hate it but once I got there and drove around the property and peeked in all the windows of the house (which was vacant) I decided that it wasn't all bad. Well since then everyday for some reason it has seemed more and more appealing. I'm starting to think that living out in the middle of nowhere and having a bunch of land for my kids and Andy and me and the dog to run around on isn't a bad idea. I know it would be way more maintenance then living in the city but I think it is just a different, simpler life and I think that could be very good for our family. I have been watching little people, big world on TLC and they live on a 36 acre farm which is absolutely incredible. I know I don't have the kind of money they have but the mom on that show really sticks out to me. She is such a....mom. She loves her kids and they have good times and bad but she loves her kids and wants to be active with them and very involved in their lives. Which is something that I strive for and fail at a lot but I'm going to continue to reach for it. I know I have been failing a lot, but I know God is working in my life and showing me how I can better impact the lives of my family. In our Wednesday night bible study last week we talked about prayer and how we are God's children and how he wants us to talk to him and he will answer our every prayer. It might not be the answer that we want but at least we will know. We also talked about how if we ask he will give us our desires that are in his will. I don't know if moving to an acreage is in his will for us or not but I am going to continue to pray for his leading in our lives, and who knows maybe in a couple years we will be out in the country.

1 comment:

Shannon/Jodi said...

Is it 25 miles closer to us?

We love being in the country. No curtains on the windows, I can wear my pajamas all day and no one will know...lots of good reasons.

I miss the convenience of being in town, but overall it is great being out here.

Oh, and you can yell at your kids and no one will hear you!

I'll pray for the changes in store for you.