Tuesday, October 21, 2008
My basement project
Our basement flooded this spring/summer, whenever the "every 15 year flood" hit the Des Moines area. So I tore out all the flooring and drywall that was yucky and mildewed but since then it has just been sitting there still pretty messy and very depressing. My neighbor just recently moved their master to the basement to give more room upstairs for the kiddos. Which has always been our plan as well. Now that she has hers done I'm ready to do ours. It can't be that hard right? Well I probably won't actually do anything but I'm at least in the very seriously thinking about it stage. Ever since Daddy has been sick Jake just screams whenever I put him in bed and I think Caleb is ready to move out because of it. So if we moved the bedrooms Jake could stay put in the boys room and we could just put the computer etc. in with him until he is big enough to sleep in a big boy bed in Caleb's new room. See it's a great plan. All I need now is to learn a few trades like plumbing, drywall, electric....just minor details and wallah I'll have a new bedroom. We'll see how far this goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dear Julie...you have you dad and brothers...they should fix your basement for you. Tell them Aunt Jan said to help you.
Sounds like a great idea to me.
Praying for you and Andy.
I realize I'm a little slow at times, but I never figured out how to link to your blog from a comment left on mine. Now I'm going to spend the rest of my afternoon reading your blog and ignoring the huge pile of laundry--half dirty and half clean--in my house.
I'm so happy I found you. I envy you your basement project. It sounds like fun!
Post a Comment