Saturday, August 16, 2008

Sweet Corn Festival

Super Dad AKA Andy wondering why I can't leave him alone to eat his corn!
Jake
The kids enjoying there corn, well except Jake he passed out...we did save him some for later though!
This was the corn that had been schucked and was waiting to be steamed and served...They had an entire AE refrigeration just full of these milk crates filled with corn. CRAZY!
My little Man after he ran yet another 5k at yet another incredible pace 27:33. This time he beat his old mom fare and square he really turned it on, like I was not expecting for the last 100 meters and I was sprinting to catch him. The end result he beat me by 2 seconds!!! Way to go CALEB!!!!
Ash loving her corn
Jocee



In Adel every year they do a sweet corn festival where you can eat as much sweet corn, for free, until they run out. What could be better? And it just happens to be the greatest sweet corn ever...(it's Deerdorf who donates it all and they also sell their corn at Dahl's just so you know.) They also had a 5k so Caleb and I decided to do that as well. Which of course once again left Andy with the three little kids and this time not only did he have to keep them all alive and well, and together he had park and find the perfect spot for us to watch the parade...........Of course he did it again. Not only was everyone happy and smiling when we completed the race, but he had fed them breakfast, and found us thee absolute best spot, in the shade and everything, to watch the parade. I know, I know, he is pretty much the greatest!!!!!

The kids got sooooo much candy at the parade it was unbelievable. You know your are a spoiled rotten kid when....you are at a parade and they throw candy right to you and you are to lazy to pick it up! Yes that was our children. The candy kept piling up in front of Ash and I would say "are you going to pick up the candy?" "No" she told me "I'm kinda tired of picking up candy." "WHAT?" Yeah that's what I was thinking too! So needless to say they got a ton of loot...and the really bad part is before we know it its going to be Halloween!

No comments: