Saturday, November 20, 2010

LHF 2010

This year I was so excited for the race. I signed up early and harassed all my friends trying to get them to sign-up. Then two days ago I started feeling very unmotivated, stressed and was really just not feeling it. So I decided to give my race number to Caleb. He has been wanting to do the race all year, but his selfish mom didn't sign him up. Caleb was super excited when I told him that I was going to give him my number so he could race, and I would bring the other kids to watch him. When I woke up this morning I was relaxed made my coffee, forgot to drink it, woke the kids up so they could get ready and waited for everyone who was meeting at our house before the race. People started arriving and then the last two of three people came. No third person. She was at home with her sick little boy. Then the next thing I know I'm being talked in to going to the race and using her number. WHAT? No! Was my response I have three other kids that I can't leave here by themselves. Then phone calls were made and this super kind lady (whose husband was also running) hopped in her car with her two kids and came over to watch my kiddos. She is the greatest! So I ended up running with Caleb. It was freezing cold and super wet and muddy! We had fun and Caleb did awesome! We got 5 miles in and he was freezing cold (possibly because every time there was mud or water he was in it!) So we moved over to the side and I took off my top two shirts and traded him for his mud caked shirt. About .25 mile later my dry shirts on Caleb were wet:) I guess being an 11 year old boy near mud and water he couldn't help it:) We survived and made it to the end where we were rewarded with HOT beef stew from Machine Shed, yummy pumpkin bars, bagels, donuts, cookies, cider, coffee and I'm sure more that we just didn't make it to. Caleb was hating life when we finished but after showering off all the mud and defrosting he was feeling better, and maybe, looking back enjoyed at least some of it. These are the only two pictures that we took, as you can see he was very excited to pose for the camera:)

I don't know why the first picture is sideways, and I'm not sure how to fix it:( Sorry!

2 comments:

peter marie said...

It was probably the easiest babysitting gig I've ever had!

RJ and I were hoping that Caleb would think it was pretty cool once he warmed up. I think it's awesome that he did it! And pretty cool that his mom did it with him. Ended up working out perfectly!

une autre mère said...

I'm so glad that you got to run!! That Peter Marie is one awesome lady! Especially since she volunteered to babysit even after she got so harassed for dropping out of the race... ;)

And really, how fun that you got to run it with Caleb! He looks thrilled. ;)