Weekends used to drive me C.R.A.Z.Y! Everyone would be home from work and school the house, that I had worked all week on, would be a mess. I would be soooo annoyed and then feel guilty on Monday morning that I was happy when everyone went back to their schedule. Well times are changin'. These days I have been feeling like there is no routine in my life, whatsoever. Like.none.at.all. It's been like this for about a year. Scary huh?! I've been trying for a while to recreate a routine and it hasn't been working really. Recently though in the last couple weeks I have been trying to shift my focus from these earthly things to those from above. And well it is sorta paying off! I'm not near perfect or even remotely close but things are changing. For the better. God is teaching me great things by me working nights, and I'm a pretty slow learner:) I started working for reasons that were totally not Christ focused and were focused on me worrying about things like money and benefits and he it using things that I never imagined to turn my heart towards HIM.
I do however now LOVE my weekends. Partly now because Friday night is the only night I consistently can have 10 hours of sleep. I'm also enjoying my family more than I have in a while. I'm trying to remember that these are the only years I get with my kids. Caleb will be graduating in 7 years. That seems like a long time, until I remember that the last 11 went by in the blink of an eye.
I just can't even begin to wrap my mind around all the things that God is doing in my life. The way he is showing me his hand in the most random (in my mind) ways, the people from afar that he is bringing into my life to show me loving kindness and encouragement. I can't even begin to fathom what he has planned. I'm slowly learning that I don't need to know every detail and have it all figured out for the next 72 years. I am however very excited to be along for the ride.
Sorry for my complete randomness. He hasn't cured the ADD that I seem to have sometimes. More prayer for that:)
1 comment:
Great post, Julie! It really convicted me that I need to focus more on "things above" too. It's so easy to get caught up in the chaos of this life. And I also appreciate your reminder to enjoy our kids while we have them. I now feel guilty for the little spat I had with Addie before naptime... she did disobey me, but I was probably too angry in how I handled it. Might have to make up for that later with a fruit pop... I'm so glad kids forgive so easily at this age.
Post a Comment