This isn't even all of it! I have more stacked on both sides!
Please disregard the disaster of a garage:)
So this AH-MAZ-ING thing that happened to me, probablyy isn't going to seem so amazing to anyone else, but it's my blog and I'm SUPER EXCITED about it!
Last Thursday was Clive's junk week. I may or may not have been driving down a couple streets in Clive while chit chatting on the phone with my sister. When I happened upon this huge stack of wood on the side of the road! So I loaded a bunch in my trunk with this super cool, really old table (like 1935) I had already picked up.
Yeah I'm a freak! I brought it all home unloaded it (all while still on the phone) talked myself into going back and picking up the rest! Umm yeah at this point it was 10:15ish. I got back to the house put my sister on the bumper(via cellphone) and made her stay on the line while I loaded the rest up. I couldn't believe it that night I actually thought it was solid wood but after getting it home realized it is really thick MDF that is veneered on all sides, still super cool if you ask me! It is several hundreds of dollars worth! CRAZY! It's enough to do several of the projects I already have printed out and now I'm not shelling out one cent, (except gas I suppose, but it was only like three miles from my house!) Now I need a table saw but I had been holding out since I wanted to buy materials. I have two people who have offered to loan theirs to me but I feel bad putting a ton of wear on someone elses stuff so I'm on the look out for a good, used, older model!
And on a side not I ran three miles today with the dog! YAY me! :)


3 comments:
Wow!! That is awesome! I would totally freak out too. I think you've convinced me that I need a big SUV so I can pick big things up off the side of the road.
I reeeaaaalllly love that table. Can't wait to see what you do with that.
Way to go with the 3 miles too, lady!!
Ah, you're killing me! That's got to be some sort of spiritual gift...I'll think of a name! Glad you made it three miles--it was SO hot, we decided against a walk and went for the sprinkler instead.
Wowzers! That is so cool that you scored all that "wood" for FREE! God knew you needed to save your $$ for a table saw! :) Can't wait to see all the fun projects you do with it!
Post a Comment