Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July

Every year in Urbandale there is a 4th of July 5k run and also a kids 1 mile...two years ago I ran the 5k and the kids have always run the 1 mile. This year Caleb wanted to run the 5k with me. We completed it in pretty good time 27:32 & 27:33...I tried to get Caleb to run fast at the end but telling him he didn't want to get beat by his mom, obviously that didn't do the trick since I beat him by one second! Ashleigh then did the one mile...I "ran" with her and she did a really great job too...she ran almost the entire time and finished in first place for the girls in her age class so she got the "gold" medal!!! (The best part is when I run with Caleb he is always happy to have me there as long as I don't talk to him, look at him, or call him anything embarassing like sweetie or baby...Ash on the other hand is totally different, she ran holding my hand half the time! I guess my babies are growing up.) Caleb did very awesome and finished in third for his age class...unfortunately they only gave out prizes for 1st and 2nd. Which was retarded if you ask me! I was really impressed with his ability to "suck it up" at the end and keep running even though he was really tired! On Tuesday we had done a practice run and completed it in 34:00 min which I thought was good...but on race day Caleb's adrenaline was pumping and he started out much faster than we usually do and ran great through the end. Jocee also did the tot trot and finished somewhere in the middle of the bunch of 3 & 4 year olds that were running like crazy over a big field. Congrats Caleb, Ashleigh, and Jocee!!!!! My little running buddies! Jake could have probably ran too, but the problem with him is getting him to run in a straight line...the only time that happens is if he is running to the street! Next year I'm sure he will be out there! I also should recognize Daddy aka Andy who got up at the ungodly hour of 7:00 so Caleb and I could get to our race on time, and who also loaded the three little kids into the stroller and cheered us on all day with out complaining that he was tired! I LOVE YOU BABE!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments: