Saturday, May 31, 2008

DAM to DAM...

Mom and Me with the sign she made me! Andy and the kids didn't end up coming, but it was so crazy sticking with mom and dad because of all the people...throw a stroller and four kids in that we would have been in real trouble!
I think this is me at the finish maybe

I started and completed Dam to Dam today!!!! Yeah!!!!! My goal time was 2:00:00 but I ended up with a time of 2:08:28...I didn't realize...or think about the delay at the beginning of a race with 4800 people. So that is what I'm using as my excuse!!! Anyway I'm glad I did it! I am planning on starting training now for the DSM Marathon which is 20 weeks from tomorrow...I am torn right now because 12.4 miles was hard...I think it's like having a baby, you give birth and then someone says "hey when are you having more?!" Yeah you know!
So I will probably do the DSM 1/2 and maybe if I'm feeling real crazy I'll end up running 26.2 miles the year I turn 26, who knows!
And for honorable mention Dad aka GPA Jan gets full credit for slaving over the computer to
e-mail me the pictures so I could post them on the blog!!!!
Also I drug poor Aunt June out of bed so I could use her potty instead of using the stinky portapotty (the line was a good 80 people long and just walking by I thought I was going to vomit). So thanks Aunt June. She did tell me however that I should have called her yesterday to let her know I was coming. I quickly let her know I wasn't being rude...I didn't know yesterday I had to go!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie...you have a great sense of humor...thanks for the site info.
This is great...I will pass it on to my kids...Aunt Jan

Chef Stinson Family said...

Julie, I am so glad I found your blog! Congrats on DAM to DAM! Your kids are all so darling. I can't believe how big Caleb is! If you get a chance, check out our family blog and you can see pics of my girls! :o)